Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors

This is the main professional body for residential and commercial surveyors to belong to. Some surveyors also own estate agencies, so you may find that instead of belonging to NAEA or OEA, they belong to RICS instead. People join the RICS on an individual basis and there are three levels of membership:
 - Technical member of the RICS (TechRICS)
 - Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
 - Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)

The main difference between the levels is that the Technical Membership is more for newly qualified surveyors. They may specialise in a certain field, such as residential homes and carry out mortgages valuations for lenders. Member status is for surveyors with some level of experience and Fellows have to have been members for at least 5 years and how a great deal of experience within their field.

 - Professionally qualified
 - Adhere to a code of practice
 - Complaint handling service
 - Give independent and professional advice
 - Required to keep their knowledge and experience up to date

Contact Them:
RICS Contact Centre
Surveyor Court
Westwood Way

Tel:   0870 333 1600
Fax:   0207 334 3811

Kate's Consumer Portal
FREE Buy to Let eBooks

Download a copy of our
Buy to Let Show eBooks
for FREEsimply click on
the image below

Buy to Let Show - download our Buy to Let eBook for FREE