Inheritance Property

publication date: Jul 21, 2011
author/source: Kate Faulkner, Designs on Property and Author of Which? Property Books

Inheritance Property

Share of Property

We are answering more and more of your property questions for free on our forum.

Take a look at one of the latest questions we've answered:-

Q - I have inherited a share in my fathers property and the other beneficiaries are agreed that I can buy the remaining share. Also, do we need conveyancing solicitors?

A - We have sought some specialist legal help on this, who we can put you in touch with.

Effectively this can be done under the inheritance/probate side of things. The legal company involved will need a copy of the Will and Probate. There is a cost to transfer the shares, which may be more if the property is unregistered.   READ ON FOR THE FULL QUESTION AND ANSWER

Also take a look at some our other related articles:-


Email for a one of our FREE Property Checklists.

Do you have a property question? GET AN INDEPENDENT ANSWER! ASK US via our PROPERTY FORUM, email or call 0845 838 1763.

Get a helping hand with our new First Time Buyer Service for just £19.99!

Property expert, Kate Faulkner, has joined forces with B&Q and other industry experts to offer a unique service, where you purchase a ‘property project pack’ that gives you:-

  • An A4 ‘how to’ guide (approx 80 pages), containing Dos and Don’ts, Factsheets, Checklists, Handy Tips and Forms
  • Access to Kate and her team, by phone and email, for any queries you might have during your project.

See the full list of Kate Faulkner's unique Property Services here!

Need help with a property problem? Have a question? Why not call Designs on Property on 07585 897128 or Contact Us via email.
Kate's Consumer Portal
FREE Buy to Let eBooks

Download a copy of our
Buy to Let Show eBooks
for FREEsimply click on
the image below

Buy to Let Show - download our Buy to Let eBook for FREE